GetSafe Medical Alert Review
GetSafe uses over 30 years of home security experience to produce home-based set-ups for their medical alert systems that interestingly puts décor and aesthetic pleasure at the heart of their products. They are looking to provide a beautiful customer experience all around for their customers. In their own words, they are looking to “wow you”.
GetSafe look to provide answers to anxiety and provide comfort to their clients. They understand that one of the largest drawbacks with medical alert systems is wearing them, how they look and how obtrusive they are on the human eye. As a result, GetSafe has products which do not require wearable devices (they are optional), and products that are more aesthetically pleasing on the eye.
Installation and use
At GetSafe, one of the many things they pride themselves on is easy use and installation.
Installation could not be any simpler as all that is required is the use of peel-and-stick tape. This is instead of using more forceful and property damaging products such as nails and wires. In addition, hardware is not required either.
When setting up your system there are easy-to-follow instructions and if you need further help when setting up, just head over to their website and watch their how-to videos. With system set-up being so simple, this can be completed in just minutes.
Using a medical alert system with GetSafe
If the situation arises and you need to use your medical alert system to contact an emergency responder, you can do so through four different methods:
- Push the emergency button.
- Pull the cord.
- Say the following command twice, ‘Call 9-1-1’.
- If you have the additional fall detection, then upon a fall occurring, the device will automatically call for help.
Once you have followed one of those methods, in turn activating your device. You are then connected to the UL-certified emergency responders who will be on hand to take your call.
Owning the equipment
Uniquely with GetSafe, when you pay for the equipment you become the owner of it. This differs from many other providers where you are renting the equipment and when you end your service with them, you must return the equipment. With GetSafe, once you purchase the equipment it is yours to keep.
Products available with GetSafe
As with any provider you can get accessories to personalise and enhance your experience when looking for a medical alert system. The accessories with GetSafe are perhaps of more importance as wearable devices are only optional and not compulsory with GetSafe medical alert devices.
Below is a list of accessories available along with their prices:
- Mobile Help Button – $30 a month
- Fall detection – $10 per month
- Caregiver tracking – $5 a month
- Extended warranty – $5 a month
- Additional voice-activated wall button – $100
- Smoke detector – $80
- Extra wall button – $35
- Lockbox – $30
- Neck or wrist button – $25
- Vial of Life – $8.95
Medical alert plans
At GetSafe it works differently. The plans they offer vary according to your living situation. Plans offered are varied according to the number of bedrooms within the property as you will see below:
- 0-1 Bedrooms
- $99 equipment cost
- $24.95 a month monitoring fee
Designed for small properties, this option comes with a base communication system, a wall button and a two-way voice button.
- 2-3 Bedrooms
- $229 equipment cost
- $24.95 a month monitoring fee
This option is most popular as it covers most homes in the USA. It comes with a base communication system, three wall buttons and two voice-activated buttons.
- 4-5 Bedrooms
- $359 equipment cost
- $24.95 a month monitoring fee
Perfect for larger homes, it comes with a base communication system, five wall buttons and three voice-activated buttons.
$24.95 a month monitoring fee
This package is different as alluded to by the name. It is customizable so that you can build the perfect package for you. As a result, we cannot provide you a figure for how much the equipment cost will be as that is down to your preferences.
Home security plans
At GetSafe it is all about understanding and with something so important such as a medical alert system, they recognize it is not a one size fits all product. As a result, they let you customize the monitoring and payment plans available to you. Below you will see the three plans available along with the benefits that come with them.
|Features||No Contract||One Year||Three Years|
|Monitoring Fee||$24.95 a month||$24.95 a month||$24.95 a month|
|Free Starter Kit ($249 Value)||No||Yes||Yes|
|$250 of Bonus Hardware Credit||No||No||Yes|
|24/7 USA Monitoring||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|AT&T Cellular Backup if Wi-Fi Goes Down||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Push Email Notification||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|System Updates & Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Home Insurance Discounts||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Reasons to choose GetSafe
When considering a provider for your medical alert systems, GetSafe has several attractions for using them and their systems, below is a selection of those attractions:
- Installation is quick and simple. It requires just peel-and-stick tape instead of wires, nails and hardware.
- You own the equipment and are not renting it.
- The systems offered are all pet friendly and the alarms they offer are not triggered by pets weighing 40lbs or under.
- The monitoring service is nationwide and available 24/7.
- Licensed across all 50 states.
- Uniquely, you are not required to wear a device, but they are optional add-ons.
- The Mobile Help Button is smaller than a cell phone, more portable and can be used away from home. Once used, the GPS that comes with your equipment conveys your location to the first responder.
- All the medical alert systems use AT&T 4G LTE, so neither a landline nor internet is required. However, in its frequently asked questions section it says you are required to have an internet connection to connect your Smart Hub up to and you must have a smart phone to control your system from.
- With contract options you can select from a variety. You may decide to go with either no contract for maximum flexibility or instead look at a one-year option or three-year option which gives you access to savings on equipment costs.
- 30-day risk-free trial.
Reasons why not to choose GetSafe
As with any company, for all its benefits which makes them stand out, there are also negative reasons attached to a company and GetSafe is no different. Things which may put you off GetSafe are listed below:
- The medical alert systems are voice-activated and speaker-based. This makes their medical alert systems unattainable for those who suffer or may suffer as a result of an accident with hearing and speech impairments.
- GetSafe does not work with other security systems.
- Disappointing Better Business Bureau rating.
- No Medicare coverage.
- The company is difficult to research as it shares its name with an unaffiliated insurance company.
Warranty and 30 days risk free
With the equipment supplied by GetSafe, it comes with a one-year warranty. In addition, when choosing GetSafe you receive 30 days risk free so if you are not satisfied with the product, you can discontinue your service risk free for a full refund minus shipping costs.
If you decide to cancel later, you do not need to return the products as you have purchased them outright. You will also receive a pro-rata refund in this case.
The medical alert systems provided by GetSafe are not covered by Medicare.
Better Business Bureau (BBB)
GetSafe has a disappointing rating compared to rival suppliers of medical alert systems. The BBB gave them a ‘C+’ rating.