Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
Loom & Leaf has built its strong reputation since it was established in 2015. That reputation has consisted of providing affordability and quality and this can be seen within all aspects of the company, including adjustable beds.
Loom & Leaf have a positive relationship with Saatva, whereby all Loom & Leaf mattresses are manufactured by Saatva. Uniquely in comparison to some of its competitors, Loom & Leaf choose to sell direct to customers as well as through stores.
Established out of the success of Saatva and its classic innerspring mattress, Loom & Leaf was established as to continue to bring the same level of quality and eco-friendly approach.
You will find that Loom & Leaf are based out of Westport in Connecticut and Austin in Texas. Their success has been monumental enough to see them classed now as the largest online-only luxury mattress brand in the USA.
Mattresses at Loom & Leaf are made in the USA and are hand-crafted in one of their 19 Canadian and USA factories.
How Loom & Leaf manage to be cost effective
One of the draws for customers to Loom & Leaf is that they provide high quality products whilst also keeping costs low for you as the consumer.
Loom & Leaf manage to accomplish this through their business model. This includes several cost effective methods which are then passed on to you. These methods include:
- Cost efficiency, which is important as it aims to control measures, reduce waste and in turn lower costs for the customer.
- Loom & Leaf do not pay for warehousing a product.
- No use of unnecessary chemicals.
- Waste is eliminated during the manufacturing process.
The adjustable bases
For Loom & Leaf to be considered a luxury brand in the USA, that means their products need to be of the highest quality and must come with some fantastic features. The features that can be found with the adjustable bases can be found below:
- Frame – The Lineal frame is compatible with any open cavity bed and can perform without foundations or box springs.
- Legs – The pin push legs have an adjustable height from 6” to 10”. This can raise the Lineal 14” to 18” from the floor.
- Massage capability – You can unwind using either their full-body massage, head massage or leg massage. Alongside this, the massage comes with three different massaging speeds. The massage shuts off after a period of fifteen minutes.
- One-touch remote – It comes with both pre-set and customized settings as to allow you to attain maximum relaxation.
- Under-bed illumination – This is to help with general use in and around the bed itself.
- Wall-hugging design – This means no gap now between the bed and wall and means your bedside table can stay within reach for you.
- Weight capacity – Can handle a maximum weight of 850 lbs.
- Weightless zero gravity support – This can be created through tapping the pre-set setting.
- Whisper-soft motor – Designed to be neither seen nor heard, the motor is placed in a sealed-case to allow you to relax in the most peaceful way.
How much does it all cost?
This will be music to the ears of anyone who has searched for an adjustable bed online. On their great website, Loom & Leaf advertise prices, and as well as that they make it clear and easy to understand. When shopping from them, they have a clear checklist where you can add and subtract items for purchase which then provides a grand total at the bottom.
If you are considering a purchase from Loom & Leaf, please see below a simplified table of sizes, dimensions and prices.
|Size||Mattress||Mattress + Foundation||Dimensions|
|Twin||$849||$1,008||38” x 75”|
|Twin XL||$999||$1,158||38” x 80”|
|Full||$1,399||$1,608||54” x 75”|
|Queen||$1,499||$1,758||60” x 80”|
|King||$1,799||$2,117||76” x 80”|
|Cal King||$1,799||$2,117||72” x 84”|
|Split King||$1,998||$2,316||76” x 80”|
|Split Cal King||$2,176||$2,494||72” x 84”|
Why you should choose Loom & Leaf
With Loom & Leaf, you will experience that there are many reasons for why you should purchase your adjustable bed from them. Below is just a small collection of reasons for why customers already have:
- The adjustable base has a whisper-soft motor.
- The high quality foam in the mattress’s aids with relief of pressure points.
- Two firmness options are available.
- Excellent website. Accessible and you can see all costs.
- Loom & Leaf seek to reduce costs wherever viable. One example being that they decide not to use chemicals to remove harmless marks that may be found on the finished product.
- If you require a financing option, you can use Klarna.
- You can receive free delivery and set up, as well as having your old mattress removed.
- 120-day in-home trial.
- The Lineal product comes with 25-year warranty. This means no cost for any repairs or parts for the first five years.
- Loom & Leaf’s relationship with Saatva.
Why you should not choose Loom & Leaf
Even though there is so much to love about Loom & Leaf, they are not for everyone. Reasons for why this may be the case for you in your circumstances can be found below:
- You are required to have either the five or six legged frame for eligibility of warranty on king size and queen size mattresses.
- Although the product may still be of high quality, the company’s strong desire to reduce costs means your products with Loom & Leaf may not always look as you had initially hoped when purchasing a new product.
- Delivery can take up to as long as 18 days.
- Loom & Leaf do not have a rating from the Better Business Bureau.
When it comes to delivery, professionals from Loom & Leaf will come and set up your new bed. In the event of cancellation, you will not be subjected to a cancellation fee prior to the day of the delivery.
On the other hand, if those delivering your new bed are late, they will keep you updated, and you have the option to reschedule at no cost to you or instead you may decide to cancel the order. If, you decide to cancel the order as a result of this, you are entitled to a full refund.
However, if you are not home for delivery, you can either reschedule delivery or ask for a refund. But, in this scenario, if you ask for a refund, you will receive the full refund, less the $99 transportation fee.
Although Loom & Leaf give a specified time period, it is ludicrous and unalluring. The wait may end up being between nine and 18 days.
As with all similar companies, Loom & Leaf also request that you make the measurements beforehand. This is to ensure your product fits through all doors and hallways. If you fail to do this and the item cannot fit, you can return the product for a full refund, minus the delivery fee.
If you are required to seek financing options when selecting your adjustable bed, Loom & Leaf do have an option. This option requires you using Klarna. Through Klarna, you may be able to secure a 0% interest financing option.
In that instance, if you pay the entire cost within six months, you will not be required to pay any interest. If you are not able to complete this, interest will be charged to your account, this will be from the transaction posting date at 19.99% APR. From this point, minimum monthly payment will be required.
With Klarna you will also be afforded both zero fraud liability and a buyer protection policy.
To obtain Klarna, you will find that it is a payment option at the checkout. Once selected, you will be required to answer a few simple questions and from there you will receive an instant decision.
Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Loom & Leaf does not have a rating from the BBB. However, their parent company (Saatva) has an ‘A+’ rating from the BBB.
Loom & Leaf successfully manage to appeal to a large customer base. This is done through a cost effective eco-friendly approach. As well as lower prices than many of their competitors, Loom & Leaf also look to provide added benefits, such as free delivery, setup and removal.